Monday, December 5, 2016

Jay Frankston

THE CITATION

I came upon a traffic light
at a crossroads somewhere in the desert.
I could see the horizon
for miles around
neither building nor tree
blocked my view
Yet the light was red
and it went through my head
Now what in the world shall I do?
Shall I meekly submit to this robot cop
be proper and obey the law?
Or force the issue and be daring?
So I went. What the hell? Who will know?
The citation came in the mail some days later
for going through a red light
an instant photo was attached to the ticket
and the fine, to my dismay
was well over two hundred dollars
which shows that crime doesn't pay.


Gerald So reads "The Citation":




Subscribe to Channel 52 for first view of new videos.


Jay confesses nothing.


JAY FRANKSTON was raised in Paris, France. Narrowly escaping the Holocaust, he came to the U.S. in 1942, became a lawyer and practiced on his own in New York for nearly twenty years, reaching the top of his profession, sculpting and writing at the same time. In 1972 he gave up law and New York and moved himself and his family to Northern California where he became a teacher and continued to sculpt and write. He is the author of several books and of a true tale entitled "A Christmas Story" which was published in New York, condensed in Reader's Digest, translated into 15 languages, and called a Christmas classic by many reviewers.

No comments: