Monday, July 22, 2013

Peter M. Gordon

$25 A DAY, PLUS EXPENSES

I blow a stream of smoke out my nose.
I watch the shop across the street.
I wear a double breasted suit, white shirt, short tie
A fedora jammed low on my head.

I'm in glorious black-and-white
My .45 in my hip pocket.
No dame can resist me

During commercials
I sit on my couch
In living color
Munching potato chips.

I wear a tee shirt and boxers
Baseball cap, thick white cotton socks
My beagle sits at my feet
Lapping up crumbs.

The real me is black-and-white
Takes a punch now and then
But ultimately triumphs.

I need the guy on the couch to
Pay the cable television bill
And buy groceries
So I can investigate.


Peter reads "$25 a Day, Plus Expenses":



Subscribe to Channel Five-Two for first view of new videos.


Peter confesses: "I'm a huge fan of film noir, particularly The Big Sleep and The Maltese Falcon. The poem grew from my dream to someday say in a real life situation, 'You killed Miles and you're going over for it.' This is one of the first poems I ever read aloud."


PETER M. GORDON's poems have appeared in several websites, magazines, and anthologies including Poetry to Feed the Spirit and Love and Other Passions. His first collection of poetry, Two Car Garage, was published in 2012 by CHB Media. Peter has created content for everything from live theatre to digital video. He moved to Orlando, FL to launch Golf Channel as its first head of programming. He now works as freelance writer and journalist.

No comments: