The Five-Two joins the celebration with a month-long blog tour inviting you to post about poetry. If you don't have a blog, email me your entry and you'll be my guest here at The Five-Two.
Your entry can be as creative as you like:
- Interview a Five-Two contributor
- Write about a favorite poem from The Five-Two or elsewhere
- Post your own poetry or fiction in response to a Five-Two poem
- Contributors, discuss your poems in greater detail
- Voices of The Five-Two, discuss the poems you've performed
I'm fine scheduling multiple tour stops on the same day or about the same poem. Everyone has a different perspective after all, and I'm glad to add entries even after April 1. To book a date, email me
The tour also links to poems to encourage you to join, many not from The Five-Two. Crime bleeds into more than you'd suspect.
Feel free to follow tweets about the tour with #30OfThe52.
Participants and promoters of the tour may download the badge image above and add it to their entries or follow these instructions to copy-and-paste the image HTML code.
All April revenue from Five-Two and Lineup books and merchandise is donated to the nonprofit Academy of American Poets, supporting poets at all stages of their careers and fostering the appreciation of contemporary poetry.
- April 01 - Saturday
- Five-Two alum SleuthSayers' John M. Floyd interviews Gerald So
- Mystery Playground features "Grandiflora" by Rosemarie Keenan
- April 02 - Sunday - From Diode poetry journal, "Apocalypse with Rod Serling" by Jeannine Hall Gailey
- April 03 - Monday - Poem of the Week: "Sins to Forgive" by J.H. Johns
- April 04 - Tuesday from Red Fez, "Proper Burial" by Patrick Theron Erickson
- April 05 - Wednesday from Midnight Lane Boutique, poems by Heather Lenz
- April 06 - Thursday - Charles Rammelkamp on "The Porn-Phone Caper" by Paula Willis
- April 07 - Friday from Miracle Fruit by Aimee Nezhukumatathil, "Swear Words"
- April 08 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "Testimony" by Lida Bushloper
- April 09 - Sunday from Misfit Magazine.net, "Chain Saw" by Joan Colby
- April 10 - Monday - Poem of the Week: "Vacants" by Joseph S. Pete
- April 11 - Tuesday from Juked, "The Difference Between Falling and Flying" by Suzanne O'Connell
- April 12 - Wednesday from Yellow Mama, "Harley Caress" by Joe Balaz
- April 13 - Thursday from Quantum Lyrics by A. Van Jordan, "Que Sera Sera"
- April 14 - Friday from Empty Mirror, "Hijacked" by Gloria Avner
- April 15 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "Miscalculated by Michael A. Arnzen
- April 16 - Sunday from A House Waiting for Music by David Hernandez, "Lisa"
- April 17 - Monday - Poem of the Week: "Day of Judgment" by Nancy Scott
- April 18 - Tuesday from Defenestration, "No Title (on purpose)" by Matt Kolbet
- April 19 - Wednesday from Change of Address: Poems, New and Selected by David R. Slavitt, "The Intruder"
- April 20 - Thursday from Scriptorium: Poems by Melissa Range, "Crooked as a Dog's Hind Leg"
- April 21 - Friday from Our Portion: New and Selected Poems by Philip Terman, "What We Own"
- April 22 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "Is It So Hard?" by Craig Faustus Buck
- April 23 - Sunday - Sonnet 138 by William Shakespeare
- April 24 - Monday - Poem of the Week: "Her Beheading" by Anne Graue
- April 25 - Tuesday from The Moment's Only Moment by Emilie Buchwald, "Paradise"
- April 26 - Wednesday from American Sentencing by Jen Karetnick, "What My Autopsy Will Reveal"
- April 27 - Thursday from Valium by J.R. Solonche, "The Devil's Villanelle"
- April 28 - Friday from No Texting at the Dinner Table by Christopher Goodrich, "Confronting Plagiarism"
- April 29 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "Fair Housing" by Charles Rammelkamp
- April 30 - Sunday from Interrogating Water by Philip Fried, "Interrogating Water"