Monday, April 13, 2015

A.J. Huffman

MAN STALKED WOMAN HE BELIEVED WAS EX

A PA moron, I mean man, was jailed
for stalking
a woman he thought was his ex wife.
He was mistaken
about the kids too. The woman’s real
husband gave a statement: he used to be
friends with the man who was
never married to his wife. The gifts
left on their porch for the woman
and imaginary children were taken
into evidence.


A.J. confesses: "I have always avoided the news. I don't read the paper, I don't actively watch the news. Why is a long story for another day. However, every once in awhile I catch bits and pieces of random news stories, and inevitably the inanity that comes from the human population never seems to amaze me. This poem was inspired from one of those news blips I caught back in July 2012. It made me laugh. It made me write."


Gerald So reads "Man Stalked Woman He Believed Was Ex":



Subscribe to Channel Five-Two for first view of new videos.


A.J. HUFFMAN has published eleven solo chapbooks and one joint chapbook through various small presses. Her new full-length poetry collection, Another Blood Jet, is now available from Eldritch Press. She has another full-length poetry collection, A Few Bullets Short of Home, scheduled for release in Summer 2015, from mgv2>publishing. She is a Pushcart Prize nominee, and has published over 2,000 poems in various national and international journals, including Labletter, The James Dickey Review, Bone Orchard, EgoPHobia, and Kritya. She is also the founding editor of Kind of a Hurricane Press.

No comments: