Monday, December 19, 2011

Jay Stringer

COLD CALL

He slams the door
in my face,
the polite form of
"Point that gun someplace else."

As if this itch
will scratch itself.

I'll try the back door.


Jay reads "Cold Call", followed by a taped confession:



Subscribe to Channel Five-Two for first view of new videos.


Jay confesses: When Gerald first invited me to write a poem, I panicked. Then I tried to be clever, and failed. Then I took away the pressure of “writing a poem” and decided to write the shortest crime story I could, with no frills and no attempt to be smart.


JAY STRINGER is a High-Tech Low-Life. He’s an award nominated writer of novels, short fiction, and film essays. Born and raised in the Black Country, he is currently on the lam in Glasgow, but plots a permanent move to New York. You can find Jay every Thursday at DoSomeDamage.com, every five minutes at twitter.com/JayStringer and very occasionally at Stringerville.com. He's repped by Stacia Decker at DMLA.

No comments: