Friday, May 22, 2009

John Harvey reflects on The Lineup 2

John Harvey received his contributor copy of The Lineup 2 today and blogged an account of our meeting at last year's Bouchercon:

One of the most pleasant times I had at last year’s Bouchercon in Baltimore was sitting quietly, having ducked out of some fun party or other, and talking to Gerald So, the fiction editor of the Thrilling Detective web site and editor-in-chief of The Lineup, an annual magazine of poems on or about crime. I’d met Gerald earlier, when we were both on a panel discussing poetry and its links with crime writing, and it was good to get a chance to speak with him at greater length.

The new issue of The Lineup has just been published – I have my copy in front of me – and it looks very smart indeed. Aside from the couple of poems Gerald winkled out of me – a reworking of “Always Chinatown”, which appeared in Bluer Than This, and a little poem now called “Story”, which had never previously been published – there are poems by, amongst others, Sophie Hannah, Carol Novack, Manuel Ramos and the redoubtable Reed Farrel Coleman.


Thanks again, John.

No comments: