Saturday, June 25, 2011

Why a Poetry eBook?

On the way to publishing eBooks of all four issues of The Lineup, Gerald So recently released We Might Have, an eBook of twenty-four of his own poems on love and chance, available for Amazon Kindle.

Below is a post from Gerald's blog about why he chose to e-publish poetry:

As a fiction writer as well as a poet, I could have published a novel or short story as my first e-offering, pricing it at the popular 99 cents. I chose to publish poetry first because I care about poetry's presentation in a way few larger publishers do, including self-publishing giant Lulu. I'm not convinced e-readers will phase out books. Frankly, I hope they don't. My thinking is, as long as new media are there, poetry deserves a foothold just as prose does.

Poetry is inherently more challenging to e-publish than prose, but that's all the more reason to do it. I invite you to buy my book, We Might Have, and spread the word that, despite extra hurdles, poetry can translate well to an e-reader.

Here's a video reading from We Might Have:

No comments: