Monday, July 30, 2012

Dennis Mahagin

TINY URL OF THE PORTABLE MFA

Row your

boat

into a hail

of bullets.

Douse the sestina
with kerosene;

call it a pyre,
or Pulitzer

necklace
of re-tread

polypropylene...

get up

fucking earlier

than the garbage men,

scrawl mad
as a harried waiter
conjuring dead

friends.

whistle
like the ghost
in every ice cream

truck...

lose your way,

pray

for luck.


Dennis reads "Tiny URL of the Portable MFA":



Subscribe to Channel Five-Two for first view of new videos.


Dennis confessses: Perusing a Poets & Writers magazine recently, I was shocked by the sheer volume of ads for MFA programs in its pages. "What a racket," I said to myself. 'Tiny URL' is my very own '30-second craft book' answering the confidence game. I write what I know.


DENNIS MAHAGIN's writing appears in magazines such as Juked, Thieves Jargon, 42opus, Keyhole, Storyglossia, Absinthe Literary Review, 3AM, Smokelong Quarterly, and Stirring. He's also a die hard Seattle Mariners fan, so by all means "friend" him, on Twitter @scruffy123.

1 comment:

susan tepper said...

Dennis Mahagin is mowing them down in poetry, he's a force.