Monday, April 21, 2014

David S. Pointer

MARINE BARRACKS FIRST AID

Just as I noticed the brothel token
vending machine following me
around like a private detective
had been declared unfit for military
service, I noticed Frank choking.
I told him I'd perform the Heinrich
Himmler maneuver, but he started
laughing so hard dislodging
that hot dog-kernel concoction,
yelling 'no', that I didn't have to.


David reads "Marine Barracks First Aid":



Subscribe to Channel Five-Two for first view of new videos.


David confesses: "Sometime after my mom passed away from a heart attack, I realized that I had helped a few people with the Heimlich Maneuver, but hadn't fared as well with CPR. Out of this grief came the joke. The joke helped an educational worker in Nashville, but I never laid a healing hand on the guy."


DAVID S. POINTER has recent work included in Volumes V & VI of the Southern Poetry Anthology Series for the states of Georgia and Tennessee. He also has work included in Indiana Crime 2013, at James Ward Kirk Fiction and Noir Erasure Poetry Anthology at Silver Birch Press. David previously served in the United States Marine Corps military police from 1980 to 1984. His latest book of poetry is entitled Oncoming Crime Facts sold at www.lulu.com.

No comments: