Monday, April 4, 2016

Anina Robb

A PAGE FROM MY DIARY (IF I HAD ONE)

I wish I could say
it was all blood and guts
this life you lead me into:
mother blood bath.

What’s the crime?
Butchering up
any image of myself. Who
is that girl in the sweatpants?

There is no wrongdoing.
Only the breach between
what was and what forever
will be. I can never

say it aloud. He's a blessing.
I’m a shambles.


Donora A. Rihn reads "A Page from My Diary...":



Subscribe to Channel Five-Two for first view of new videos.


Anina confesses: "Now that my son is 13, I finally feel like I can finally look back on his infancy with some humor and insight. When I was in the thick of caring for him, it was impossible to be reflective at all. Sometimes life felt like a downward spiral of spit up and diapers. And it seemed like no one wanted to talk about this harrowing side of being a new mom."


ANINA ROBB is a poet living in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia with her husband and two neat kids. She has published numerous poems in both print journals and online. In her free time she likes to run.

No comments: