Monday, December 17, 2018

Jeff Bagato

ICE CREAM UBER ALLES

now there's
no time
for
hamburgers

eat only
what
you can
steal

no
money
no job
needed
this
way

just
a sweet
tooth

just
a banana
in
your
pocket

the small
things,
the dry
goods

cheese blocks,
lunch meat,
ice
cream
bars

all
the ice
cream
bars
you can
eat
one
at a time
from
a coat
pocket
in
winter


Jeff reads "Ice Cream Uber Alles":



Subscribe to Channel 52 for first view of new videos.


Jeff confesses: "'Ice Cream Uber Alles' describes an experience from my younger days, crossing the highway from my apartment to the Safeway, where I could supplement my meager income. I don't recall why I wanted to eat an ice cream bar on a cold day. But why not? By the way, I still have the coat and the bad attitude."


A multi-media artist living near Washington, DC, JEFF BAGATO produces poetry and prose as well as electronic music and glitch video. Some of his poetry and visuals have appeared in Chiron Review, Slipstream, Synchronized Chaos, Angry Old Man, and Outlaw Poetry. Some short fiction has appeared in Danse Macabre and Horror Sleaze Trash. He has published nineteen books, all available through the usual online markets, including Savage Magic (poetry) and The Toothpick Fairy (fiction). A blog about his writing and publishing efforts can be found at http://jeffbagato.com.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Wonderful poem. I thought of my recently discovered biological grandfather, who was in criminal trouble for stealing from the time he was nine. Our compulsions ... and most of us have one kind or the other, seem to be an attempt to deal with what the world has given us.

linhelen said...

I like this! So evocative of things we will go to any lengths to inexplicably enjoy.