Monday, June 24, 2019

Roseanne Fahey

FIRST DEGREE MURDER

Wouldn't that be beautiful,
To be murdered
By the delicate fingertips
Of love?

No cancer could
Tarnish these cells,
No drunken driver
Could scratch this life,

But love?

Oh, love has already
Taken my heart,
Leaving behind a body
Without her beating chest,

Love has already killed me,
My darling,

I'm just not dead yet.


Roseanne reads "First Degree Murder":



Subscribe to Channel 52 for first view of new videos.


Roseanne confesses: "'First Degree Murder' was inspired by the aftermath of being hurt by two of my closest friends. I sat frozen and thought that my heart should be broken. I should feel this overwhelming ache in my chest. But I didn't. Instead I felt numb. As if they had taken my heart with them and all I was left with was a hole where it used to be."


ROSEANNE FAHEY is a nineteen-year-old writer from Ireland. She studies Arts with Creative Writing in the National University of Galway. She primarily writes poetry and non-fiction.

No comments: