Monday, March 9, 2020

Rena J. Worley

CADILLAC PREY

Slow brake to a stop
In my big black Cadillac
Offering a lift for your hitch
No threat
No risk
No hazard
Trust me like an uncle
Ride in my tan leather
Drink or two on me
Twist the dial
Laugh me a tune till
Unfamiliar route exposed
I then devour mounting fear
In your widening eyes
In your trembling voice
And smirk at your realization
When child locks click
Speed escalates so
No curb roll
No outcry
No dodge
From blunt head bash
Into unconsciousness
Through the menacing night
To a remote dwelling
I’ll strap you in
I’ll lock you down
Terrorizing torture featuring
Brute disfigurement
Psychic beatings
A long night of play
To a shallow dirt grave
No marker
No mourners
No trace


R.J. reads "Cadillac Prey":



Subscribe to Channel 52 for first view of new videos.


R.J. confesses: "On US 127 North, I watched a totally black Cadillac SUV - even Escalade was black on black - fly by. Windshield and windows so heavily tinted one could not see a shadow within. Why the obscurity? What dark secrets hid inside? Who dimly viewed the world from behind the shrouded glass?"


RENA J. WORLEY is a Word Artist residing in rural Michigan. First published in The Five-Two on May 27, 2019.

No comments: