Sunday, April 19, 2020

Poetry Month at the Kensington Neighborhood Library

This past week, Five-Two alum Aja Beech asked me to contribute a poem with a Philadelphia connection for Poetry Month at the Kensington Neighborhood Library.

I chose "Prayer for the Man Who Mugged My Father, 72" by Charles Harper Webb, who was born in Philadelphia. I reprinted Webb's poem with permission in the 2011 fourth chapbook of The Lineup: Poems on Crime series that preceded The Five-Two.

My contribution and commentary appeared on the library's Facebook page last night. Thanks again to Aja and supervisor of the library's Adult/Teen section Sara S. Palmer.

As a bonus, here's Keith Snyder's April 30, 2011 dramatic reading of Webb's poem. Keith will also be reading the May 18-24, 2020 Five-Two poem "CA" by Ron Riekki, about playground basketball in the time of COVID-19.

No comments: