Monday, June 15, 2020

Rena J. Worley

JURY RULE

Now I lay me down
Not to sleep
But to die

Guilt justly anoints
By murderous confession
Clear verdict with sentence quick

Observers sit separate
Victim’s pack from mine
Eager press divides in two

Straining limbs bound
For culpable crimes
Needles unfelt insert

Warden’s head hangs
Chaplain’s voice prays
My heavy last words faintly stammer

I anguish
I anger
I regret

In silence
Eyes close
I repent

If he is

Grant me

God forgives


R.J. reads "Jury Rule":



Subscribe to Channel 52 for first view of new videos.


R.J. confesses: " An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. Envisage heard the jury rule with no recourse, sat the cell, walked the hall, lay upon the table, silently screamed, desperately prayed. Words traveled where imagery led."


RENA J. WORLEY is a Word Artist residing in rural Michigan. First published in The Five-Two on May 27, 2019.

No comments: