Monday, February 1, 2021

B. Frederick Foley

FIVE LIPS KISSING BACK

Probably should have started with this
Giving Mr. Brink’s Mack Truck a 100mph kiss
82-Yahama my final ride
Near the red river bridge is where I died
Too bad they didn’t kill me in Vietnam
While she was getting pregnant from another man
The profile didn’t identify me
Was I too much of an anomaly?
And my father’s abuse
that’s no excuse
Five lives for payment
Collected by my rage’s enslavement
It would have saved the world so much pain
If it had ended before it began
Henrietta is where the road was stained


B. Frederick reads "Five Lips Kissing Back":



Subscribe and turn on Notifications for Channel 52.


B. Frederick confesses: This poem is about the suicide of a man who killed five women in Alaska and possibly another in Texas. An observation on the ultimate pointlessness of these killer’s lives and how much they take from us. I came across this story doing research for Alaskan Crime novels.


B. FREDERICK FOLEY is a poet, writer and an editor at www.militaryflashfiction.com. A former Navy Intelligence officer, he now spends his time living between Anchorage and Kasilof, Alaska with his wife and three children. This is his first published poem.

No comments: