Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Some Site News

Though I had drastically cut back using Twitter the past five months, it still appealed to promote The Five-Two and my other projects to a larger audience than similar social networks—until the recent news that its algorithm makes a secret list of VIPs more visible than everyone else. With that I deactivated my Twitter account.

Now I do promo on my Mastodon account. Of course, you can also keep up with The Five-Two by visiting regularly, and you can contact me with the form in the sidebar.

I also want to mention I received a notice from Blogger last Monday that a Five-Two post was placed behind a sensitive content warning. The notice didn't say which post, and I haven't seen a warning sifting through the archives myself. To limit future warnings, I've updated the submission guidelines referencing Blogger's content policy and encouraging contributors to be creative, not graphic.

Lastly, I've shortened the sidebar. You can see the five latest Poems of the Week and more by clicking Poem of the Week.

No comments: