Monday, November 12, 2018

John Kaprielian

I BELIEVE HER

Hands tear at buttons
cover mouth to stifle screams
supreme injustice


John reads "I Believe Her":



Subscribe to Channel 52 for first view of new videos.


John confesses: "Like everyone, I was transfixed by the Kavanaugh hearings. There was much that could be classified as 'criminal' being recounted, and occurring, during the testimony. It all percolated in my brain, and these lines popped out of my head one morning as I was walking to work, a perfect haiku."


JOHN KAPRIELIAN is a Russian linguist by education and has been employed as a photo editor for three decades. He has been writing poetry for over thirty-five years; in 2012 he challenged himself to write a poem a day for a year and in 2013 published the 366 poems in a single volume, 366 Poems: My Year in Verse. He has also had poems published in The New Verse News, Down in the Dirt Magazine, and Minute Magazine. His poetry ranges in subject matter from the natural world to current events and politics to introspective and philosophical themes. He lives in Putnam County, New York with his wife, son and assorted pets.

No comments: