The Five-Two joins the celebration with a month-long blog tour. My tours don't ask to guest-post on your blogs. Instead, I invite you to post about poetry. If you don't have a blog, email your entry to G_SO at YAHOO dot COM and you'll be my guest here at The Five-Two.
Your entry can be as creative as you like:
- Interview a Five-Two contributor
- Discuss a favorite poem not from The Five-Two
- Post your own poetry or fiction in response to a Five-Two poem
- Contributors, discuss your poems in greater detail
- Voices of The Five-Two, discuss the poems you've performed
I'm fine scheduling multiple tour stops on the same day or about the same poem. Everyone has a different perspective after all, and I'm glad to add entries even after April 1. To book a date, email G_SO at YAHOO dot COM.
In addition to guest posts, the tour links to Five-Two poems that may inspire you to comment or blog. Also feel free to follow tweets about the tour with #30OfThe52.
Participants and promoters of the tour may download the badge image above and add it to their entries or follow these instructions to copy-and-paste the image HTML code.
All April revenue from Five-Two and Lineup books and merchandise is donated to the nonprofit Academy of American Poets, supporting poets at all stages of their careers and fostering the appreciation of contemporary poetry.
- April 01 - Friday - Mystery Playground's Drinks with Reads
- April 02 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "For the Love of Death" by Shirley J. Brewer
- April 03 - Sunday - "Twelve Apologies" by Ray Succre
- April 04 - Monday - Poem of the Week - "A Page from My Diary..." by Anina Robb
- April 05 - Tuesday - "Railway Sestina" by Kimberly Poitevin
- April 06 - Wednesday - "Through Pink-Tinged Glasses" by Hal Sirowitz
- April 07 - Thursday - "Off Ocean Parkway, Long Island" by Lola Koundakjian
- April 08 - Friday - Michael A. Arnzen interviews Sara J. Tantlinger
- April 09 - Saturday - Charles Rammelkamp on Clarinda Harris's "Daughter of the Confederacy"
- April 09 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "We Didn't Know" by Bill Baber
- April 10 - Sunday - "Sylvia Plath: Gaslight Left On" by Christine Aletti
- April 11 - Monday - Poem of the Week - "Dr. Nazi's Poetry Workshop" by Jennifer Lagier
- April 12 - Tuesday - "Swine" by Ruth Sabath Rosenthal
- April 13 - Wednesday - "High School Memory" by Casey Zella Moir
- April 14 - Thursday - "But People Just Don't Act That Way" by Allen Stein
- April 15 - Friday - "1990..." by Steve Peacock
- April 16 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "Elegy for a Small Town" by Johnny Longfellow
- April 17 - Sunday - "Advice for the Modern Mass Killer" by William G. Rector
- April 18 - Monday - Poem of the Week - "I Walked into My Own Trap" by Alan P. Marcus
- April 19 - Tuesday - "The Adjunct Professor's Lament" by Charles Rammelkamp
- April 20 - Wednesday - "Concerned about the 'How'" by Ann Clark
- April 21 - Thursday - "True Confessions" by Etta Abrahams
- April 22 - Friday - "Girls Night Out" by Kayla Wheeler
- April 23 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "Guilt at the Transfer Station" by Paul Hostovsky
- April 24 - Sunday - "My Summer Vacation" by Vera Salter
- April 25 - Monday - Poem of the Week - "Any Second Now" by David Spicer
- April 26 - Tuesday -"Predator and Prey" by Joseph D'Agnese
- April 27 - Wednesday - "Pantoum by a Puzzled Policeman" by Dorothy James
- April 28 - Thursday - "Mortal Terror" by Sarah Stockton
- April 29 - Friday - Elizabeth Lash on Kurt Nimmo's "Minnesota jump"
- April 30 - Saturday - Mystery Playground features "Facts" by Robert Cooperman